BR--That's Baskin Robbins for the non-addicts among you. Do you have a place that reminds you so much of your childhood you can feel your 8-year-old self surface just from passing by? (C'mon, share with us!) Well, BR is one of those places for me. Memories of post-soccer game celebrations, birthday cakes, those clown cones, "dates" in junior high, turtles pies (that's the one made from pralines n cream, and yes, they still make them!) The girl behind the counter (yes, I can say girl, she looked about twelve) looked at me indulgently as I started rambling on about Pink Bubble Gum and Quarterback Crunch (she'd never heard of these flavors) and how cones used to cost $0.50 cents and I would rush in clutching my two quarters . . .
Do I sound old?
GOOD, 'cuz I FEEL old.
And you will too the day after you finish comp. exams--a 4 day experience that will age you 4 years (or perhaps 40 . . . ) I definitely deserve this mint chocolate chip! (Is this what they call "emotional eating"?)
The place that does it for me is Dodger Stadium.. It never fails, I reminisce about the days my folks and I used to sit in the cheap seats eating hot dogs.
ReplyDelete